Senior Center in a Box is a free resource for senior citizens. These thoughtfully curated kits are focused on specific activities and themes, which seniors can do on their own or with minimal assistance, and are available for borrowing with an MPL library card.
Over 165 kits and counting are available, with themes such as knitting/crocheting, coloring, puzzles, birdwatching, exercise, board games, and book-and-DVD combinations. Each kit includes a complete set of materials needed for the activity.
Browse and Reserve Kits
If you have questions about the senior kits and their contents, call 973-744-0500 ext. 2232.
Senior Center in a Box Policies
- Patrons who borrow the “Senior Center in a Box” activity bag agree to abide by the Montclair Public Library borrowing policies.
- The Senior Center in a Box activity bags are loanable for 28 days, with one (1) renewal, to Montclair Public Library cardholders in good standing.
- The maximum number of bags patrons are permitted to borrow at a time is three (3).
- Senior bags can be picked up from the Main Library.
- Upon request, senior bags can also be picked up from and returned to the Bellevue Avenue Branch location.
- When returning bags, patrons must check that all parts of an item are in the bag and matches the “Table of Contents” found in the bag.
- Due to the nature of the contents in the bags, they cannot be returned in the automated return slot of the Main Library or the Bellevue Avenue Branch book drop. Instead, return bags directly to the Borrower Services desk at the Main Library or the upstairs desk at the Bellevue Avenue Branch.
- Senior bags will be delivered to and picked up from seniors who make their request through Home Assisted Services (H.A.S.).
- The Library will continue to select materials for the creation and lending of new senior bags on an ongoing basis.
- The Library welcomes ideas and input from the community concerning “Senior Center in a Box” bags—email email@example.com.
This project was funded by the Township of Montclair through federal CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) funding provided by Essex County.