If you are a Montclair resident and are not able to leave your home, temporarily or permanently, please contact Dawn Quinn at 973-744-0500 ext. 2280 for more information. If you know of someone who qualifies and would benefit from this service, please refer them to the Library!
*Audio players are also available to borrow as part of this program.
Sounds Great! How Do I Sign Up?
• Participants must live in Montclair.
• The program is designed for those who cannot leave their homes with ease, either temporarily or permanently.
• Participants must have a valid library card, free of fines. If the patron does not have an existing library card, one can be issued to them when they apply for the service.
• Deliveries are made once a week on Tuesday. Patrons must call the library by noon on Monday for Tuesday delivery. NOTE: During the COVID-19 Pandemic, deliveries will be made on Thursdays, be sure to call by Monday for Thursday delivery.
• H.A.S. patrons are responsible for accepting books from the driver. If they cannot come to the door, a safe place must be designated where books can be exchanged.
I‘m Already Signed Up, Now What?
• Call Dawn Quinn, Head of Borrower Services (973-744-0500 ext. 2280).
• Identify yourself as a H.A.S. patron, and tell the staff member how many items are to be picked up and the items that you’d like delivered.
• You may request specific titles or make general requests, e.g. a mystery written in 2002 or a few books by Mary Higgins Clark.
• If the books you request are not available, the library is happy to place a reserve or request via interlibrary loan for you free of charge.