If you are a Montclair resident and are not able to leave your home, temporarily or permanently, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-744-0500 ext. 2232 for more information. If you know of someone who qualifies and would benefit from this service, please refer them to the Library!
* Audio players and WiFi hotspots are also available to borrow as part of this program.
• Participants must live in Montclair.
• The program is designed for those who cannot leave their homes with ease, either temporarily or permanently.
• Participants must have a valid library card, free of fines. If the patron does not have an existing library card, one can be issued to them when they apply for the service.
• Deliveries are made once a week on Tuesday. Patrons must call the Library by noon on Monday for Tuesday delivery. NOTE: During the COVID-19 pandemic, deliveries will be made on Thursdays. Be sure to call by Monday for Thursday delivery.
• H.A.S. patrons are responsible for accepting books from the driver. If they cannot come to the door, a safe place must be designated where books can be exchanged.
• Call Borrower Services (973-744-0500 ext. 2232).
• Identify yourself as a H.A.S. patron, and tell the staff member how many items are to be picked up and the items you’d like delivered.
• You may request specific titles or make general requests, e.g. a mystery written in 2002 or a few books by Mary Higgins Clark.
• If the books you request are not available, the Library is happy to place a hold request or an interlibrary loan request free of charge.