- Montclair Public Library is a member of the Bergen County Cooperative Library System.
- Montclair Public Library is a member of Reciprocal Essex Borrowing Libraries (ReBL), a consortium of 23 public and university libraries in Essex County, New Jersey. For more information click here.
- Eligible items will renew automatically three days before their due date for the full loan period.
- You will receive a notification via email or text if an eligible item has been renewed.
- You can still renew eligible items at any time through your account at bccls.org or at any BCCLS library.
- Library cards must be presented when checking out materials.
- Late fines have been eliminated on most materials owned by Montclair Public Library
- While the library is fine free, patrons are responsible for the replacement costs of lost or damaged items.
- The normal loan period for books is four weeks.
- The loan period for books in high demand is two weeks.
If materials are overdue, fines over $10 must be paid before renewal. No more than five books may be renewed by telephone. A limit may be placed on the number of items loaned when demand requires it. Only five items may be borrowed the first time a card is issued.
Lost or damaged item: Cost of item plus a $5.00 processing fee.
CIRC-1 Library Card Policy
CIRC-2 Loan and Renewal Policy
CIRC-3 Holds Policy
CIRC-4 Fines and Fees Policy
CIRC-5 Lost or Damaged Missing Pieces Policy
CIRC-6 Museum Pass Lending Policy
CIRC-7 Mobile Wireless Hot-Spot Lending Policy
CIRC-8 Electronic Book Reader Lending Policy
CIRC-9 Cooperative Circulation Policies and Procedures
CIRC-10 Launchpad Lending Policy